Monday, June 6, 2011

Better or For Worse

My brother and I just came back from Young Life Wilderness camp. 
We went to a trip to Kentucky and Tennessee from Indiana for 4 days. We did not know what we were about to do, but just went with the flow. Of course the YL Leaders knew what we were going to do.
Day 1: We went to Daniel Boone Park, Kentucky. Went on an 8 mile hike on the day we arrived to the site, It took all day to make it, it was very exhausting. We actually got lost a couple of times, and we were very tired, so I prayed that God will give us the guidance and the strength to get us to our destination. Just before night fall, we made it, without any breaks or stops. My ankles was hurting so bad from tripping on rocks. So I have prayed to carry me without stopping. Then we arrived, and set up camp by a river..
Day 3: We went repelling at the Twin Arches in Tennessee, everything went well until, my hair got caught in the figure 8 harnes. It wasn't as bad, so i tried to pull it out and then I had to tell both my leaders, Chris Kern and Sam Wilson that I was stuck. The irony was that I just pasted by foot away from a ledge that I could stand on. Chris held me in place then my hair got even closer to the burning harnes. I couldn't pull my hair out, i know had to hold myself up. so i took my left hand around behind me to grab and wrap the rope around me, and Chris let go and help myself up, and it pulled even harder. Chris had to wrap around a knife and i had to pull it up. Sam and Chris was keeping me calm and told me what i had to do. So I had the knife, I was in so much in pain, I actually said I can't do it, I cried. Sam and Chris and the people i was with, they all prayed for me, As  i continued cutting my hair, I was repeating the prayer and giving everything to him. Right when Sam said 'Amen", I broke free.

"Listen now to my voice; I will give you counsel, and God will be with you: Stand before God for the people, so that you may bring the difficulties to God." - Exodus 18:18- 20

No comments:

Post a Comment